Sunday, June 17, 2007

Just hanging out


IMG_7665i
Originally uploaded by ccswaringen.
I spent pretty much all day yesterday at the little girls' house, just hanging out.

I laid on the floor and colored in coloring books with Emely (pictured right) and Karla. I talked with Francis, the home mother, and Jenifer as they cleaned the kitchen.

I helped Beth braid Yessica's hair into a million little braids. I read picture books to the kids and sang along with Christian music on the radio.

At the end of the day, I felt amazed at what a smile, a hug, an hour spend with someone can mean.

I'm used to deadlines and tasks and checklists. But here it's all about quality time, conversations and hugs. It's been difficult to get used to, but I'm a better person for it.

1 comment:

Thad said...

The pace on which more of life should run. So glad you have time to rest and relax. To enjoy your time.

Kindly,
THAD